You will learn if the medical profession fits you, build your resume in preparation for university, receive guidance for what programs and courses you should take, engage in many extracurricular activities that will enrich your resume, create your personal statement and learn how to interview for medical school acceptance, acquire many skills, and meet friends in a fun atmosphere!
The camp takes place in an intimate, efficient, and supportive setting. You will participate in one-on-one personalized advice and interactive workshops, meet doctors and medical students, create a brochure and an awareness campaign for diseases of interest, participate in team building, communication, leadership and in many fun filled activities!
- Workshop on med school application, courses
- Build your first pre-med resume that showcases your skills and accomplishments
- Workshop on how to get scholarships that will present you at a top candidate
- Team building activities- have fun while enhancing your skills
- Workshop on and how to get best reference letters
- Create a stellar personal statement for medical school application
- Workshop on extracurricular activities for med school application
- Create a disease awareness brochure and help fund raise for biomedical research by participating in the Flowers for Cures project aimed at increasing disease awareness and supporting patients
- Workshop on how to use social media for med school to stand out from the crowd
- Workshop on how to find research opportunities in a competitive setting
- Research for Rodent models of pre-clinical testing global project-learn how to use Pubmed
- Workshop on medical school interview (practice your interview skills through mock MMI and panel interview)
- Attend a first aid course, get a certificate and learn how to apply it
- Workshop on how to get clinical experience and key medical skills
- Meet and greet with doctors and students, learn how medical history and physical examination is performed and about the medical profession *
Dates: July 14-16 July 28-30 August 11-13 August 18-20
Time: The camp runs from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Location: 3080 Bayview Avenue, M2N 5L3
How to register:
Click on the Download application link above to download the application. Please submit your application and a cover letter stating your name, year of study, and reason for attending the summer camp to the attention of Dr. Lorelei Silverman at email@example.com. If selected you will receive a confirmation e-mail and instructions for payment. Once the payment is received, your seat will be confirmed. Please rank your top 3 dates you can attend the camp.
Fees: $200 (includes taxes) This fantastic price does not include travel and accommodation costs for out of town students. Meals are not included. Accommodations are available at our residence hotel at extra cost for out of town camp participants.
Bring three of your friends to the camp and you can attend for free! ½ discount for recent immigrants!
A camp spot is not confirmed until full payment is received. Cancellation greater than 12 weeks will receive a 100% refund. Cancellation greater than 60 days prior to the camp date will receive a 50% refund. Cancellation no more than 30 days prior to camp date will receive no refund. Date switch requests can only be granted if another camper cancels.
All pre-medical students are welcome. They can finalize their medical application and have their personal statement, resume, and autobiographical sketch finalized for application. They will also practice mock interviews and learn about all aspects of panel and MMI interview, and CASPer for medical school acceptance.
We have limited space for summer camp each year as our activities are hands-on type. Apply now and enjoy an informative and fun week with us!