One of the most dreaded part of the residency application is the interview. You worked so hard and finally the invitation to interview has arrived! We will help you create your individualized preparation strategy and navigate the interview to a successful outcome.
We are the number one interview advising company and the success of our clients is unparalleled. Our adviser team has years of interview experience as former interviewers for various programs at University of Toronto, Michener Institute, U Buffalo, McMaster, etc. They bring a wealth of expertise with various interview formats, detail and dedication that ensures success for our clients year after year!
We will start by doing an assessment of your CV, statement, and personality. Getting to know you will help us create a comprehensive strategy to improve your interview skills. Our personalized approach will showcase your strengths and remove "red flags", areas of concern, or barriers to success. It will help us come up with answers that are unique to you and authentically showcase you. This assessment is free and lasts about 30 minutes.
The next step is to assess your interview skills through a mock interview and prepare a personalized strategy for you to improve your interview skills. This feedback session can last one or two hours. Our unique and extremely effective approach in preparing you what to expect during the interview and how to handle difficult questions has been praised in testimonials from our successful applicants. We take pride in making a huge difference in the way you present yourself in the initial session versus the actual interview. We will then offer you a plan of action with mock interview and feedback with us, as well as individual or group practice that will help you excel during the actual interview. We encourage our applicants to work in groups, to expose yourself to as many different interview styles as possible, and we will provide you with practice buddies if needed.
In addition we offer free the most comprehensive workshops at the time of various interview seasons. These workshops are attended by a great number of participants who benefit from practice sessions as well short coaching sessions on areas that need improvement.
Interview skill assessment and mock interview practice are charged at 100$ hour. Our mock panel, MMI,MPI, PBL interviews are unparalleled and we offer our services in person, by phone, or skype based on your preference.
Strategy session and mock interview content
- Making the right first impression (dress code, body Making the right first impression (dress code, body language,
eye contact, general demeanor)
- Psychological preparation
- Interview strategy coaching
- Coaching how to make the first right impression
- Do’s and don’ts of interview
- Comprehensive assessment of your strengths and weaknesses
- Strategies to "sell" and differentiate yourself
- Strategies to remove "red flags" from your performance
- Tactics to deal with negative questions
- How to answer "do not know" and surprise questions
- How to prepare for healthcare, medical legal, and medical ethics related questions
- Tips to improve communication, cultural and language integration
- Tips for lunch/dinner/tour interviews
- Tips for panel interviews
- Tips for Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI)
- Practice classic panel interview questions (ethical scenarios, communication ability, knowledge of the healthcare system, etc.)
- Practice common MMI stations
- When and how to ask questions
- Planning your interview trips/Familiarize yourself with the school
- Sending thank you notes
- Sending thank you notes